At fashionTrade, we are at the forefront of bringing digital transformation to the fashion wholesale process. We help shops find the best brands that match their style and market. We help brands recognise their most opportunistic markets and connect them with shops that operate there. We call this empowered buying and smart selling. Our mission as a market place is to optimise for our users’ margin. Fashiontrade.com is a well funded startup company with a secured investment for multiple years.
What you will do
As a Senior Backend Developer for fashionTrade, you will be part of an international team of 20+ developers dedicated to building the smartest and simplest fashion wholesale solution. You will interact with our Development, Design, Product Management and Sales teams to develop the features that will allow our users (brands and retailers) to trade more smartly. You will build and scale systems, oversee the full stack as well as setting up and using cloud infrastructures or services. You will make your first commit (and very likely your first deployment to production) on your second day of work. There is no reason to wait any longer!
How you will work
Our tech team and culture is built on 4 important pillars:
- Engineering Agility: our solution moves where the market moves. We use continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines for deployment. We rely on cloud infrastructure for scalability and flexibility. We make pragmatic use of (micro-)services for a loosely coupled architecture.
- Superior User Experience: we will not have users if our product is unusable. We are not creating a run-of-the-mill enterprise product. We are helping our users do business - which also means our software should not get in the way. We achieve this with a focus on interactions and by aiming for the right combination between mobile and desktop (web)
- Scalability: scaling up or out must be an automated process, not a manual one. We are a small team and operate in a dynamic environment with unpredictable capacity requirements. We use automation, programmable infrastructure and cloud to make sure scaling the solution does not require scaling the team.
- Data-driven Insights: you cannot improve what you do not measure. This is why we have tracking in our software from the get-go. Using this data to measure how our product is performing and how we help our users improve their business is one of our main focuses. fashionTrade aims to make the use of data a true differentiator for our service.
Who you are
You are pragmatic, learn quickly and have a proven track record of experience. You communicate well and enjoy working in a startup environment. You care about continuous everything and automation of anything that you do often enough. Above all, you are curious about the world and passionate about what you do.
- Excellence in a JVM based language (Java 8+, Scala).
- Appreciation of pragmatic Test Driven Development.
- Understand and appreciate the goal of micro-services in architectures.
- Hands-on experience with cloud providers (AWS / Google Cloud).
- Hands-on experience with continuous delivery / deployment.
Additional favourable skills:
- Experience with containers and related technology (Docker).
- Experience with distributed databases (e.g. Cassandra, Riak, CouchDB) and Apache Kafka.
- Experience with search based systems and ElasticSearch.
- Knowledge about Linux and Bash scripting