About You & Job Responsibilities
You’re pragmatic, learn quickly, and have a proven track record of experience. You communicate well and enjoy working in a startup team. Above all, you’re curious about the world and passionate about what you do.
You are a software engineer who is comfortable building and scaling systems, overseeing the full stack and setting up and using cloud infrastructure / services. You care about continuous everything and automation of anything you’ll do often enough.
On top of that, these describe you:
- Excellence in a JVM based language (Java 8, Scala).
- Appreciation of pragmatic Test Driven Development.
- Understand and appreciate the goal of micro-services in architectures.
- Know a thing or two about Linux and Bash scripting.
- Hands-on experience with cloud providers (AWS / Google Cloud).
- Hands-on experience with continuous delivery / deployment.
- Ideally, worked with containers and related technology (Docker).
- Ideally, worked with distributed databases (e.g. Cassandra, Riak).
- Ideally, experience with search based systems and ElasticSearch.
As a young company with solid funding, insightful knowledge into the fashion industry and invaluable connections – the biggest offer we have for you is the opportunity for long term growth, impact and learning.
fashionTrade is a investment from a sufficiently liquid fund committed to making it a success. As such, we provide the unique combination of a startup culture and environment with market rate compensation.
We would love to welcome you to our international office centrally located in Amsterdam on the second floor of the TQ building on the Singel. As part of a co-working space, we have a great community of events and opportunities and offer a tasty, healthy lunch.
If you have any question regarding the position you are welcome to contact Friso van Vollenhoven (email@example.com)